Wednesday 11 December 2013

Wednesday Review – Learn to Tie a Tie with the Rabbit & The Fox


I don't usually review children's books because I don't have children and thus don't usually have the opportunity to read that kind of literature.  So when author Sybrina Durant gave me the opportunity to review hers, I was delighted.

Learn to Tie a Tie with the Rabbit & the Fox is a cute story that teaches kids – you will have guessed – how to tie a tie through the Native American lore of the Rabbit and the Fox. The instruction are very well integrated to the tale, as a result, it flows naturally.  Thanks to this, I think the book has twice as much potential to attract children's attention, firstly with the engaging story (Will the rabbit escape?!) and secondly through the call to action (I want to try tying a tie! As a bonus, after reading the story to your kid, you can entertain them with the video version and teach them to sing along.

At first, I wondered if the language wasn't a bit too complex for children but then again, the colourful pictures are there to support the content.  Also, it's never too late to give children a rich vocabulary. 

With Christmas just around the corner, why not help Santa and give your little loved ones a story that will teach them something in a fun way?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find a tie...

This is a paid review for Sybrina Durant. I am not associated with the author and will not make any commission off the sales of her book.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis